Who are they?
Cogs is an early-stage startup on a mission to end inequality for neurodiverse children and teenagers. Our first product is a mobile app that gives young people with ADHD or autism in-the-moment coaching for common problems they face in learning, communication, mental health/wellbeing, and relationships. They have launched a series of free toolkits to aid social-emotional learning for neurodiverse children.
A no-code version of the app has been tested with users and Cogs is now at the stage where they want to develop the full app for launch. Their software adapts to the needs of each individual child, giving real-time advice to coach them through common problems.
They're looking to make their first technical hire, initially as a contractor (3-4 months) but with the potential to join the company permanently.
Who are they looking for?🔎
- Senior developer with a mobile experience ( back-end)
- Experience leading greenfield projects to build an app from scratch
- Experience building apps using Python/Django (back-end)
- Confident in working with and safeguarding data in compliance with GDPR
- Comfortable with agile ways of working, including working from user stories
- Confident in making tradeoff decisions between building fast and building for quality
- Experience working with sensitive data e.g. health data, children’s data
- Previous experience at an early-stage startup
They are lucky to hear from you! 🥳